Policy for Integrated Quality, Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety Management System
Quality (ISO 9001:2015), Environment (ISO 14001:2015), and Occupational Health and Safety (ISO 45001:2018)
Expo Centre Sharjah is committed to improving its operations to serve and develop the economy of the United Arab Emirates in general and Sharjah Emirate in particular to take its distinguished position on the international business map, utilizing aims based on the principals of distinction and sustainability, by implementing the Integrated System of Quality Management (ISO 9001:2015), the Environment (ISO 14001:2015 ), and Occupational Health and Safety (ISO45001:2018), and focusing on the following:
- Holding events and local and international exhibitions at international best practices, whereby Expo Centre Sharjah links Sharjah emirate with the Arab and international communities.
- Constant development of exhibitions, events and conferences organized by Expo Centre Sharjah to remain in the lead of commercial exhibitions in the region.
- Improving staff performance by providing them with the necessary training to reach the required level of proficiency, and the constant improvement of the activities and services provided to all segments of clients to gain their satisfaction and trust.
- Achieving conformity and compliance for the requirements of legislation and rules related to best practices for the environment and occupational health and safety.
- Safeguarding the environment and affecting it positively it and encouraging recycling and preventing pollution.
- Improving the efficiency of the consumption of energy and conserving the consumption of non-renewable resources.
- Specifying and assess risks to occupational health and safety and environmental impacts and constantly controlling them. Limiting injuries and occupational hazards to ensure the safety of the staff, indoor workers, clients and members of society.
- Handling and correcting shortcomings in the environment and occupational health and safety and fill the gaps identified through the audit, inspection, and investigation of the incidents.
- Putting in place emergency plans and testing them regularly to ensure readiness and effective responsiveness when needed.
- Constantly spreading the policy, aims and awareness of the Integrated Management System for Quality, Environment, and Occupational Health and Safety among staff, indoor workers, clients and exhibitors.